Stuart Broad announces his retirement , ongoing 5th Ashes test to be his last

 


England fast bowler Stuart Broad has announced his sudden  retirement from Test cricket.  He is saying goodbye to Test cricket at the age of 37.  Broad, who is playing in the fifth and final Test of the Ashes series, told after the end of the third day's play at the Oval that he is playing his last Test match and will say goodbye to Test cricket with the end of this match.  He is the second fast bowler to take 600 wickets in Test cricket and the fourth bowler overall.


 After the end of the third day's play in London, Broad said: "Tomorrow or Monday will be my last game of cricket. It's been an amazing journey, it's a great privilege for me to wear the Nottinghamshire and England badge. I love cricket as much as I can."  I do as much as I used to. It has been such an amazing series that I wanted to be a part of and always be on top. And this series makes me feel like that. It has been one of the most enjoyable and entertaining series that I have been a part of ."



He added, "I've been thinking about it for a while, a few weeks. England vs Australia has always been a pinnacle for me. I love the battles with Australia that came my way and the team, my Ashes  And I think I wanted my last batting and bowling to be in the Ashes. I told Stokesy last night and told the changing room this morning and to be honest, it just felt like the right time and I didn't want to  that friends or Nottinghamshire teammates see things that might come to the fore. I've thought a lot about it, and even as of eight o'clock last night, I was 50/50. But when I went into Stokesy's room and saw him  I felt really happy, because I am satisfied with whatever I have achieved."


 Broad has played 167 Test matches, 121 ODIs and 56 T20 Internationals, in which he has taken 845 wickets so far.  Broad made his debut for England at the age of 20 in a T20 match against Pakistan in August 2006.  At the same time, in 2007, he played his first Test match against Sri Lanka.  Yuvraj Singh hit six sixes in his over in the T20 World Cup earlier that year and Broad came into the limelight for all the wrong reasons.  However, after this he made many records to his name.  He would go on to be regarded as one of cricket's greatest ever fast bowlers, standing fifth on the all-time list of Test wicket-takers.  The Nottinghamshire bowler has brought laurels to his name in international cricket, including the 2010 T20 World Cup and four Ashes series victories.


 Along with teammate James Anderson, Broad is one of only two fast bowlers to have taken 600 Test wickets for his country and took his 150th Ashes wicket this week in his final match at The Oval.  Currently he stands at 602 test crickets and is likely to add a few more by the end of this Ashes series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Heavy rains predicted in Maharashtra, schools closed in Mumbai

Red alert of more heavy rains in Maharashtra, closures announced in schools, colleges in some districts

Heavy rains totally disrupts train services in Mumbai area, CM orders early closure of Govt Offices