Shikhar Dhawan announces retirement from professional cricket , video HLs of his 1st test 100

 


Shikhar Dhawan has announced his retirement from international cricket. He took to the social media platform 'X' to bid farewell to both domestic and international cricket. The 37-year-old made his debut for India in 2010 and, over a 13-year career, represented the country in 34 Tests, 167 ODIs, and 68 T20Is.


Announcing his retirement, Dhawan said, "Hello friends! Today, I stand at a juncture where, looking back, I see countless memories, and looking forward, I see the whole world ahead of me. My sole ambition was always to play for India, and I achieved that dream. I have many people to thank for this journey—my family, my childhood coaches, Tarak Sinha and Madan Sharma, under whom I learned cricket. I also want to thank my teammates, with whom I played for years. I found a new family, earned recognition, and received immense love. As they say, to move forward in a story, you need to turn the pages, and that’s what I’m about to do. I am announcing my retirement from international and domestic cricket. As I say goodbye to this cricketing journey, I feel a sense of peace knowing I played for my country for a long time. I would also like to thank the BCCI and DDCA for their trust in me. Lastly, I want to thank my fans, who have showered me with love. I tell myself not to be sad that I won't be playing for the country anymore, but to be happy that I played a lot for it."


Dhawan made his Test debut against Australia in Mohali, and since 2013, he has played in 34 Test matches. His last appearance in a Test match was in 2018. In the longest format of the game, Dhawan scored 2,315 runs at an average of 40.61, including seven centuries and five half-centuries, with a highest score of 190.


Dhawan played his first ODI for India in 2010 against Australia in Visakhapatnam. In 167 matches, he has scored 6,793 runs, with an average of 44.11 and a strike rate of 91.35. He has 17 centuries and 39 half-centuries to his name. In T20Is, Dhawan accumulated 1,759 runs in 68 matches, including 11 half-centuries.


Dhawan has also been a prolific run-scorer in the IPL, ranking among the tournament's most successful batsmen. He stands second only to Virat Kohli in terms of the highest run-scorers in IPL history, with 6,769 runs in 222 matches. His IPL record includes two centuries and 51 half-centuries, with an average of 35.26 and a strike rate of 127.14.


In the below video watch his breathtaking test debut 100 vs Australia. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympics24 : Julien Alfred of St Lucia becomes fastest woman on earth by winning 100 mtrs

Travel - Western Sahara - Places to visit & other details of this disputed country

Sporting icons : Mats Wilander - Career HLs & video of Swede Tennis great